Thursday, January 9, 2014

I bought ripped jeans...

If you know me IRL or have been reading my blog for a while, then it may surprise you that I purchased the above jeans. I mean seriously, I think the last time I wore ripped denim, it was from Abercrombie in 2004. You know, when Laguna Beach was popular and Kristin and LC would don their ripped denim? Ok, I'm embarrassed now. 

I honestly don't love the whole ripped jeans trend, but there is something so effortless and 'chill' about them (and remember, I'm trying to be more 'chill'!). They're a no brainer for what to throw on on the weekends. I have a certain way that I plan on wearing them (which I'll share once the weather warms up a bit), but have also been scouring Pinterest for some inspiration. 

If you're wondering about sizing-- they run pretty true to size. I'm always between a 26 and 27 and went with a 27 for a more relaxed fit. Not to mention, they are an absolute steal-- they also come in non-ripped for those that aren't ready for the torn up look just yet.

Here's what I'm loving so far... 





So what do you think? Yay or nay on the distressed denim? Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

4 comments:

Bailey said...

I like stressed denim as long as it doesn't have too many holes or is too frayed. I like the ones you picked out!

Pink and Green Mom said...

I bought some recently too even though I didn't think they were necessarily "me"...but I love them and wear them all the time!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I like stressed denim as long as it isn't too over the top. I have a pair of distressed jean shorts that I love!

linda said...

I think nowadays for young girls like yourself, if it isn't too distressed or full of holes, it can be chic....
-Linda, NY

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure